Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm in the Money, I'm in the Money!!


I’m SO excited today! In the previous post I told you that I have tons of stuff that I downloaded on my computer. Things, that I thought were “necessary essentials” but most of it is probably just crap. Well I have been reading this stuff into the wee small hours of the night. Believe me, my house proves I’ve been busy reading and “doing my internship” into affiliate marketing. You have to wade throught the laundry to get to the bathroom in my bedroom. But no worry, I have 2 other bathrooms! But I digress..(remember, hocus pocus, ya gotta focus!!) Anyway I’m reading all this stuff and a light bulb goes on in my head. Last year I bought a “fixer upper” in an area I never thought I would be able to afford (hence trying to start making money in affiliate marketing). I live in Sarasota, Fl which is a beautiful area on the Gulf of Mexico. No, I didn’t buy a house on the gulf (at least not yet but if this AM thing ever takes off…), it is almost on the bay, 400’ from the bay. I can see the bay from my yard and it is just heaven! Plus I have a pool!!! Ya know a pool is like having a boat, it’s fabulous when you get to use it but you do just keep pouring money into it and my pool is so old that I have to shovel money into it. But that’s ok because I feel it’s worth what I get out of it.

Anyway, I bought this fixer upper and decided to start a blog about it. I have before pictures so you can follow along with the progress of the work as I turn my jetsons meets starwars sow’s ear into my shabby cottage palace. Well I have a loyal readership of I think 1 (Thank you so much, Deb!) so remember I said I have been scouring all the crap that I downloaded and I think some of it is sticking! On one of the blog tabs it has monetize so I clicked on it and it tells you about adsense. I read about it (what I could understand, what DO those reports mean?) and decided to have them put some ads on it. I’ve had the blog since June 08 and put the adsense ads on in May 09. Well because of my loyal readership of 1 I had page impressions and a CLICK!!! I MADE MONEY ON THE INTERNET!!! Granted, it’s only $3.24 but I MADE MONEY ON THE INTERNET!!!! I, my friends, am an Affiliate Marketer!! (You can't see me but I'm doing the Snoopy happy dance) When I figure out how and when I get the check, I may never cash it. I may just frame it and look at it and bask in the glory of being an AFFILIATE MARKETER!


If you’d like to look at my money pit and my blog about it, here's the link.


http://www.shabbycottagehome.blogspot.com

Well that’s it for now. I just had to share my excitement with you. I’m now going to go float in my pool and think about how I would spend my big affiliate commission if I were to cash it.

Daisy


No comments:

Post a Comment